Toyota BZ Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I just canceled our bz purchase at DCH of Torrance. Not sure how long it’s going to take to process the cancellation but just throwing it out there in case anyone here is interested in it. We negotiated a $6k markup (they tried to start at $10k). This vehicle is already at the port of Long Beach but of course the recall is a thing still.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
I'm curious to hear the details like the options of the order if you don't mind sharing them? I was contacted today and the out the door was $66,650 because of the market adjustment of $8000 and over 3K in options.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm curious to hear the details like the options of the order if you don't mind sharing them? I was contacted today and the out the door was $66,650 because of the market adjustment of $8000 and over 3K in options.
Well that’s a better starting price than they gave me haha. Yeah there’s some port installed options that you unfortunately can’t negotiate out of. But maybe you can negotiate the markup lower because of them. The options were like roof rails, paint protection film, wheels locks, etc. wish I could give you the full list but that dealer website that listed it all is down. I believe our out the door price was like $63k and change. Just keep working with them down. I don’t believe there were any dealer installed accessories that they were trying to sell the only extra they tried to sell was the extend warranty I believe. Trade in give you more negotiating power too along with the terrible recall.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
An $8000 markup is pretty steep. Which bZ4X are they offering to you @Jimmy Dean? Is it from the same dealer as @Bz4Me?
Yeah I’m hoping that’s just the starting number assuming it’s from the same dealership. They should be able to get that much lower. They tried to start me off at $10k. So if he’s starting at $8k that might be a good sign for @Jimmy Dean.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
188 Posts
Yeah I’m hoping that’s just the starting number assuming it’s from the same dealership. They should be able to get that much lower. They tried to start me off at $10k. So if he’s starting at $8k that might be a good sign for @Jimmy Dean.

I'd also push it lower! Tell them that Longo Toyota and John Elway Toyota across the way aren't doing any markups! Tell them you're pretty worried that the charging stats and capacity are pretty low comparable to other EV's right now that you can also get your hands on (not to mention there could be a lingering issue even after the recall is supposedly fixed). For some that I had spoken to, I was able to talk them down to $2k markup.... Although my current deal is ZERO markup. So, good luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'd also push it lower! Tell them that Longo Toyota and John Elway Toyota across the way aren't doing any markups! Tell them you're pretty worried that the charging stats and capacity are pretty low comparable to other EV's right now that you can also get your hands on (not to mention there could be a lingering issue even after the recall is supposedly fixed). For some that I had spoken to, I was able to talk them down to $2k markup.... Although my current deal is ZERO markup. So, good luck.
Just a heads up I was on the Longo waitlist when I negotiated with DCH and they claimed that dealers who sell at MSRP will offer you car to other people and say “your vehicle is available but others agreed to pay x amount do you want to match it or keep waiting?”. I’m not saying this is what Longo will do but that’s how they’ll try to combat that tactic while negotiating. It seemed like telling them I preordered a tesla too helped with negotiations a little more than the Longo thing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
188 Posts
Just a heads up I was on the Longo waitlist when I negotiated with DCH and they claimed that dealers who sell at MSRP will offer you car to other people and say “your vehicle is available but others agreed to pay x amount do you want to match it or keep waiting?”. I’m not saying this is what Longo will do but that’s how they’ll try to combat that tactic while negotiating. It seemed like telling them I preordered a tesla too helped with negotiations a little more than the Longo thing.

Ya many of us have heard that before as well. Its a pretty sad tactic. But typical of some shady salesmanship. I have heard Longo sells at MSRP and has done so for years. In fact I spoke to a couple salespeople there and they both confirmed that to me, Same with John Elway...

As for my deal, i have my on a WRITTEN and SIGNED Sales Order. I in fact had them fix it three times, no problems, because we had to work a small loan into the deal and the Bank had to have that reflected on the correct line. Quick and Easy. Just wish I could have closed on the deal before 6/23 (i could have then have been one of those people that would have a loner right now, even though the dealership doesn't physically have the car either). I was able to get my bank to close on my loan because i was able to provide this Sales Order, otherwise my deal would have timed out and i would have had to start over, likely getting a higher interest rate and another HARD inquiry on my credit).

Now, i'm trying to be patient, while we wait. I do really hope it hits the dealership before 9/30... Although, if i find out its on the train here, i might talk the dealership into finalizing the deal so i can have that DATE STAMP on the sales order!
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top