Toyota BZ Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
I installed one last year for our RAV4 Prime. I upsized for the future which I hope is before October 1st. Also installed it because the 30% tax credit on home chargers was expiring at the end of 2021 (not sure if it's been renewed or being renewed in the new energy bill - was in the House version but don't think its in the new Senate version).

Gadget Electrical wiring Gas Technology Cable

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I installed one last year for our RAV4 Prime. I upsized for the future which I hope is before October 1st. Also installed it because the 30% tax credit on home chargers was expiring at the end of 2021 (not sure if it's been renewed or being renewed in the new energy bill - was in the House version but don't think its in the new Senate version).

View attachment 905
I got no tax credit for mine. As far as I can tell, there is no more tax credit.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I got no tax credit for mine. As far as I can tell, there is no more tax credit.
Sadly, yeah. It expired December 31st, 2021. The House version of the new bill has it in it but from what I can see, not the Senate. With that said, if they can squeeze it in there, might be a chance it could be retro back to Jan 1, 2022 and you would get 30%.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sadly, yeah. It expired December 31st, 2021. The House version of the new bill has it in it but from what I can see, not the Senate. With that said, if they can squeeze it in there, might be a chance it could be retro back to Jan 1, 2022 and you would get 30%.
I'm a techie and not a tax person, but is this form any indication of receiving some sort of reimbursement for installing a Level2 charger at home?

Alternative Fuel Vehicle Refueling Property Credit: IRS form 8911

·
Registered
39 Posts
From the form instructions…

Purpose of Form
Use Form 8911 to figure your credit for alternative fuel vehicle refueling property you placed in service during your tax year. The credit attributable to depreciable property (refueling property used for business or investment purposes) is treated as a general business credit. Any credit not attributable to depreciable property is treated as a personal credit.”

This appears to apply to expenses for creating a public charging installation, not a private/personal expense

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
From the form instructions…

Purpose of Form
Use Form 8911 to figure your credit for alternative fuel vehicle refueling property you placed in service during your tax year. The credit attributable to depreciable property (refueling property used for business or investment purposes) is treated as a general business credit. Any credit not attributable to depreciable property is treated as a personal credit.”

This appears to apply to expenses for creating a public charging installation, not a private/personal expense
Thanks for that info.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts