Toyota BZ Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
honestly, this is the first i've heard of this idea... Sadly, that's probably because of our US government and the current ideas pushed our direction...

This guy is a huge Toyota fan and does a lot of videos. he's pretty funny and his mechanic know how is amazing.. "scotty"... I'm surprised he did an extensive video on a CHINA made EV... But this battery swapping idea is amazing... and I would so do this... in the WEST, it avoids the "Range anxiety" if refill/swap stations were spaced perfectly.... Honestly, in the future, if this tech/manufacturer is allowed to come to the US, i'd be serious about one!

EV company: NIO Next Generation Smart Electric Vehicles | NIO

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nio has an office in San Jose. I tried to go look at their cars but it was closed due to Covid.
View attachment 935

Ya, I think Scotty mentioned that in the video.... Its a good first step!! Hopefully our government doesn't shut them down before they even get started... Hopefully we will see a factory here soon.... I think this would be good for the whole industry.... Again, i'd be super interested..... Although, i see them only starting this in LARGE cities (LA, San Fran, NY) where they can advertise that it works well for Apartment People!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts