Toyota BZ Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congrats @Tony 154! Welcome to the forum! Is the bZ4X your first EV? What sold you on ordering one?
Had Toyotas for a number of years now. Mainly because of the reliability and our local dealers are quite good. Always on PCP, have it for 2 years and just chop it in.
Had Hybrid Rav4 and currently Corolla Tourer hybrid.

Why did I order one?? Originally I booked an Ioniq 5, but the sales manager dealer was so so rude to me and my wife I cancelled there and then.
EVs are the way to go, most of my journeys are 36 mile round trip to work, taking the dogs out no more than 6 miles round trip and the rare long range trip couple times a year.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi also from the UK - ordered a stock Motion last Monday. I'm in the interesting position where I would happily pay for extra, but I prefer "normal" tyres and the panoramic roof mainly is just a range killer and a new way for the sun to get in my eyes while driving.

Ordered in black too - while the US cars look OK with the black wheel arches, in the UK those wheel arches are scratchy plastic like the Solterra, and I can't see that looking anything but weird, especially in dark blue, the only other colour I would have chosen. I guess that's Toyota's loss not mine...

Delivery I was told was September, and in My Toyota says 19th August, but I don't know how much that will be held up by the recall.

No idea how many my dealer has on order, but they're a pretty large company that only has Toyota group garages, so I am assuming quite a few, and I assume my car was already part of their contracted order.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi also from the UK - ordered a stock Motion last Monday. I'm in the interesting position where I would happily pay for extra, but I prefer "normal" tyres and the panoramic roof mainly is just a range killer and a new way for the sun to get in my eyes while driving.

Ordered in black too - while the US cars look OK with the black wheel arches, in the UK those wheel arches are scratchy plastic like the Solterra, and I can't see that looking anything but weird, especially in dark blue, the only other colour I would have chosen. I guess that's Toyota's loss not mine...

Delivery I was told was September, and in My Toyota says 19th August, but I don't know how much that will be held up by the recall.

No idea how many my dealer has on order, but they're a pretty large company that only has Toyota group garages, so I am assuming quite a few, and I assume my car was already part of their contracted order.
Hello, can you see your order in my toyota? Did you order online? Thank you

·
Registered
134 Posts

I heard that some people get their panoramic roof tinted, is that something you would do?

·
Registered
88 Posts
I heard that some people get their panoramic roof tinted, is that something you would do?
I quite like the roof but I would rather have the range, better handling and headroom as I’m 6’5”. You can feel on the RAV4 that it is top heavy and I assume that’s at least partly due to the roof.

I wouldn’t mind it being tinted or the electronic “shade”, but I don’t really trust the flimsy curtain shade so always leave it open.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Thank you for info. You use the website and where do you see it exactly? Is it under my car? I ordered 2 weeks ago but cant see anywhere? :(
On the website it’s in “my vehicles”, and there is a purchased section. If it’s not there, your dealer needs to associate it with your account. I don’t know if they can do this with your email address, or if they did mine via my existing car.

·
Registered
79 Posts
On the website it’s in “my vehicles”, and there is a purchased section. If it’s not there, your dealer needs to associate it with your account. I don’t know if they can do this with your email address, or if they did mine via my existing car.
Thank you Bro! I contacted my dealer Inchcape Toyota Sandhurst. It is like a joke they couldnt put my order in process because of the global recall. And they dont even bother to inform! It is a real shame, I was expecting delivery in september because I thought my order is secure 😔 now I dont when I will receive the car. I will definetely complain to Toyota UK I dont know why they waited! Because I had paid the deposit before the global recall!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts