Toyota BZ Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
UK here. Picked up my car this morning. It was ready a week ago, but i was on the road for work. I hope you "US guys" get your cars soon!
In my opinion, it’s the new wheels that’s holding it up. Rest of the world gets new bolts with washers. We get new wheels too. Congrats on finally getting yours. How’s it so far?

·
Registered
16 Posts
In my opinion, it’s the new wheels that’s holding it up. Rest of the world gets new bolts with washers. We get new wheels too. Congrats on finally getting yours. How’s it so far?
Very limited experience obviously, but the car is a joy to drive. I am still getting to grips with all the features and options etc.

Two things I "dont like" at the moment. I dont think there is an option to turn of the "beeping" when the car is in reverse. Makes sense that there is a noise alert for outside, but why inside? And I often drive one handed with right hand resting on the top of the steering wheel and that blocks the monitoring system for driver alert. So every now and then i got a message to "pay attention". That is not a biggie to be honest

·
Registered
434 Posts
Very limited experience obviously, but the car is a joy to drive. I am still getting to grips with all the features and options etc.

Two things I "dont like" at the moment. I dont think there is an option to turn of the "beeping" when the car is in reverse. Makes sense that there is a noise alert for outside, but why inside? And I often drive one handed with right hand resting on the top of the steering wheel and that blocks the monitoring system for driver alert. So every now and then i got a message to "pay attention". That is not a biggie to be honest
Owning a Rav4 Prime PHEV and a Lexus ES300h hybrid, I am fully aware at the obnoxious noise that Toyota pushes through the speaker when in reverse. I'm not sure either of mine have it piped inside...I think it's just so loud that you can hear it in there. Makes far more noise than any ICE car available in reverse, lol.

·
Registered
8 Posts

'Reverse buzzer' can only be switched off by the dealer, see customisable features p567 in owners manual (downloadable Toyota website). And 'break suggestion' can be turned off by you (owner) p569. The manual explains how to access the features. I am pleased you feel the car is a joy to drive, I felt that with a test drive in May. I am expecting a call any day now that mine is ready.

·
Registered
8 Posts
'Reverse buzzer' can only be switched off by the dealer, see customisable features p567 in owners manual (downloadable Toyota website). And 'break suggestion' can be turned off by you (owner) p569. The manual explains how to access the features. I am pleased you feel the car is a joy to drive, I felt that with a test drive in May. I am expecting a call any day now that mine is ready.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks for info. I managed to find the option for driver alert and disabled that allowing me to drive as I am used. Ill check in with dealer re sound while in reverse. Hope you get your car asap!

·
Registered
323 Posts

YES, there should be a way to turn off the BACKUP Beep, but they don't allow it on your own in anything that you can see. You either need to have an OBO Device plugged in and use an app (sometimes it shows up in there), if not, then the dealership uses Techstreams to plug their computer into the car and change the setting to ONE beep when you put it into reverse.

This was done in my Prius Prime, and I had it done to both my daughters Prius's. (again, now when you put it into reverse you only hear ONE BEEP, not constant).

·
Registered
323 Posts
Current Owners here in the US are receiving their letters.... This was posted on a facebook page:.....

Dear Toyota bZ4x Customer,
On June 22nd, 2022, Toyota announced Safety Recall 22TA06 involving your bZ4X. Toyota has prepared the remedy and we are now ready to repair your vehicle. If your vehicle is not currently at an authorized Toyota dealer, please contact your dealer to make arrangements for pick up. Please DO NOT drive your vehicle to the dealership or anywhere else until the remedy is performed.
In addition, as part of our continuing efforts to provide superior customer satisfaction, Toyota is announcing some service campaigns in which your vehicle is included. Repairs for these additional service campaigns will be performed FREE OF CHARGE to you. To reduce your inconvenience, we are prepared to address these additional service campaigns on your bZ4X while it is at the dealer for the 22TA06 Safety Recall repair. Details about these additional service campaigns are listed below. Your dealer will also be reaching out to you to discuss these items and obtain your approval to complete these additional repairs at the same time they perform the remedy for Safety Recall 22TA06.
Special Service Campaign 22TC11 – DC Cold Weather Charging
A software update has been developed to improve DC charging performance during low temperatures. The Toyota dealer will update the software in the vehicles applicable ECUs.
Limited Service Campaign 22TD05 - Software Update for “Car Finder” Feature
The Car Finder app, included with a Toyota One app subscription, operates the headlights to help locate the vehicle. There is an update to the software to improve the system operation. The update is available whether or not you currently have a subscription or decide to subscribe in the future. The Toyota dealer will update your vehicle with the latest software.
Special Service Campaign 22TC09 – bZ4X Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) Verification
Toyota became aware that the make of your vehicle may be mis-identified as a Subaru when the first eight digits of your vehicle’s VIN is decoded.
Various third-party organizations may utilize the first eight digits of your vehicles VIN to verify the make of the vehicle for various purposes including, but not limited to: State Registration/Title creation, EV Tax Credit Application, Financing, etc.
We want to assure you that your VIN is a genuine Toyota product and that your VIN is unique to your vehicle. The Toyota dealer will place a label in your vehicle with a QR code for more information stating that your vehicle is a 2023 Toyota bZ4X.
If you have any questions about the contents of this communication, your local authorized Toyota dealer will be more than happy to answer any of your questions. If you require further assistance, you may contact the Toyota Brand Engagement Center at 1-888-270-9371 Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., Eastern Time.
We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused.
Thank you for owning a Toyota,
Toyota Motor Sales
This message is being sent to you by Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc. 6565 Headquarters Drive Plano, TX 75024.

**Parts have started showing up at these dealerships and work is being done.... No other information about the ones sitting at Port though.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts