Toyota BZ Forum banner

Anyone Looking for After Market Wheels?

7955 Views 19 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  zhangruicacn
I’m searching the web and can’t find stock size wheels I like. Anyone else looking?

Attachments

See less See more
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
It would be nice to know the bolt pattern, offset, hub bore size, etc. for the wheels for both the 18" and 20" versions.

If someone on the forum could take a flashlight (or their phone's flashlight feature) and crawl under a bZ4X at a dealership and copy down the exact wheel specs, stamped into the wheel, it would be helpful for people who might want to start planning for winter tires/wheels.
This car is already overpriced. I have no plan to spend more for aftermarket wheels. Not worth it, at least me.
I might just paint the hubcaps black
Reactions: 1
It would be nice to know the bolt pattern, offset, hub bore size, etc. for the wheels for both the 18" and 20" versions.

If someone on the forum could take a flashlight (or their phone's flashlight feature) and crawl under a bZ4X at a dealership and copy down the exact wheel specs, stamped into the wheel, it would be helpful for people who might want to start planning for winter tires/wheels.
This is what I found so far.
18x7.5 5x114.3 +40 60.1 hub bore
So, according to this Toyota dealer website, this appears to be an 18" Toyota wheel that fits the Bz4X: Toyota BZ4X Wheel, alloy. WHEEL, DISC. Confirm the OEM - 426110R510 | Toyota Parts Overstock, Lakeland FL

I searched for the part numbers and many dealers sell it for about $400. The specs for the wheel aren't given, but this one indicates that it fits 2020-2022 Highlanders: 426110E510 - Wheel. Disc; disc (for spare) - Genuine Toyota Part.

Searching Tirerack for wheels that fit the 2022 Highlander, it returns a number of 18, 19, 20, and 21 inch options: https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/res...l=Highlander+FWD&autoYear=2022&autoModClar=LE

I didn't review all the specs, but the first one I looked at seems to match the specs @majorhawkm found, albeit a tad wider:

Font Number Screenshot Rectangle

Offsets vary from 30 to 40 mm.

So, at least it looks like the bolt pattern is standard and it appears possible that existing aftermarket wheels could work, but will have to confirm all the specs. I also wonder if even a slightly different width and offset than factory wheels could be an issue, esp. for those of us who want to keep the warranty intact? Maybe someone knows a good wheel supplier who can investigate? Would also be nice to confirm that the first link above, indicating the part number of Bz4x wheel replacement, is correct.

I would like to get a set for winter tires and have the 20" rims for summer, but 20" winter tire options are limited (seems to be an odd size), but there are many more for 18". Aesthetics aside, are there any down sides to going 18" v. 20"? I gather smaller rims will tend to provide a softer ride because of the higher tire profiles? But will that also mean more rolling resistance and less efficiency? What about traction?
See less See more
Just found this post on a Solterra forum: Aftermarket Wheels and Tires.

Here are the wheel specs he said he was given by a Toyota dealer:

Font Art Handwriting Circle Plant

So those aftermarket wheels linked in my prior post likely will work.

Another factor is whether the wheels will be compatible with the OEM lugs, and that post identifies two that will:
  • R25918001 "Replica 259". MSRP $470CAD; $380 at dealer; $244 from local tire shop (Big O). 800kg weight capacity, which he said is way more than enough. This one also has OEM lug fit.
  • R2681801 "Replica 268". MRSRP $440 CAD; $360 at dealer; $228 at local tire shop (Big O).
So there's hope. I wonder what the cost of a second set of TPMS is?
See less See more
Ta-Da - here's one that even the supplier says fits:
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Rim

And these seem like common enough specs that there are many options out there. Might even be able to get lighter, better performing rims than factory.

I'm not ready yet, so I look forward to any reports of someone taking this plunge, as well as thoughts re pros and cons of 18" v 20" for winter tires.
See less See more
I had been looking for a month. The problem is we need to find a aftermarket wheel which can fit the original lug bolt (So the wheel will not come off). I checked lots of web site. None of the wheel will fit a round type lug bolt. And all of them have to use the radial lug bolt. So even the size, bolt pattern, off set and hub bore match our original wheel, they cannot able to use original lug bolt back.
I had been looking for a month. The problem is we need to find a aftermarket wheel which can fit the original lug bolt (So the wheel will not come off). I checked lots of web site. None of the wheel will fit a round type lug bolt. And all of them have to use the radial lug bolt. So even the size, bolt pattern, off set and hub bore match our original wheel, they cannot able to use original lug bolt back.
I bought the Limited edition and the plastic pieces on the rim sucks. It is also a pain to clean!
I got those: Alloy Wheels for TOYOTA - LX330 | RWC Wheels
I took them off 2022 Lexus NX350

Interestingly, bz4x's lug bolt part number is #9094202090: Toyota BZ4X Wheel Lug Bolt. DISC, Brakes, Components - 9094202090 - Genuine Toyota Part
Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Number

This is the same part number for 2020-2022 Lexus IS350 and 2022 Lexus NX350. They seem to use the exact same bolts: Product Details | SimplePart (lexus.com)

Rectangle Font Parallel Number Screenshot

So far I haven't had any issues.
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
See less See more
My wife had a NX350H and I just put a steel rim with snow tyre on it with the original lug bolt. So far no problem at all
Took off the stock wheel covers and got some center caps. Looking for chrome or black lugs. It's passable.
Car Wheel Vehicle Tire Land vehicle
See less See more
Anyone have a recommendation on Chrome or other wheel lugs ? Would the Bz lugs be considered "floating seat" and its a Ball seat and not the Conical
something similar to this ? Need to confirm correct pitch and length
Oops. In the US, per some reports, the "floating seat" is Conical.
Just confirmed it IS a Ball seat. 28mm shaft m14 x unknown pitch
Scale Gauge Auto part Measuring instrument Household hardware
See less See more
I removed my 20 inch wheels to clean and apply ceramic coating. I popped out the plastic pieces now it looks better.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Locking hubs Vehicle
See less See more
Ta-Da - here's one that even the supplier says fits: View attachment 1247

And these seem like common enough specs that there are many options out there. Might even be able to get lighter, better performing rims than factory.

I'm not ready yet, so I look forward to any reports of someone taking this plunge, as well as thoughts re pros and cons of 18" v 20" for winter tires.
Anyone have a recommendation on Chrome or other wheel lugs ? Would the Bz lugs be considered "floating seat" and its a Ball seat and not the Conical
something similar to this ? Need to confirm correct pitch and length
Oops. In the US, per some reports, the "floating seat" is Conical.
Just confirmed it IS a Ball seat. 28mm shaft m14 x unknown pitch
View attachment 1270
I found aftermarket lug bolts and hub centric rings here.

Venum Wheel Compatible with 14x1.5 Zinc PCD Variation Wobble Wobbly Alloy Wheel Lug Bolts 1.2 Radius | 27mm Shank https://a.co/d/3Ws9y1O

X AUTOHAUX 4pcs OD 70.1mm to ID 60.1mm Aluminum Alloy Car Hub Centric Rings Wheel Bore Center Spacer https://a.co/d/gtSosdp

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Locking hubs Tread

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle
See less See more
For those looking for aftermarket wheels and need specs.

18x7.5 wheel size
5x114.3 lug spacing
60.1 center hub
+40 wheel offset
M14x1. 5 lug bolt size with ball washer
quick question... If I have the US based Unlimited trim with the 20" wheels, could I put the 18" on to help with extended range?
Not likely. The wheel and tire package for 20" wheels will be heaver, requiring more energy to get them rolling.
hi guys, I am wondering if I can use camry 17’ wheel as winter tire wheel? instead the original 18’ wheel?
1 - 20 of 20 Posts