Toyota BZ Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

Registered
Interesting, I didn't realize the Solterra was going to be sold in US. Nice looking car, even tho it's the same as BZ4X 馃憤
And yes, absolutely, in fact I had looked at this as well, and had an order in, but for me it came down to pricing and no "radiant heater"... and well, the fact i could get my hands on a bZ4x faster, ... well that was what was supposed to originally happen, ha ha!!

The Solterra comes with a lot more bells and whistles, that i feel Toyota left out on purpose (one, so Subaru could have something to beef up their first year sales, but two, because they'll use it as an added NEW feature in later years so they can say they added something to the original car, ha ha!).

Registered
Those features 鈥漨issing鈥 from the bZ4X and present on the Solterra (higher trim lines) contribute to the higher MSRP of the Solterra.

They are also included on the RZ 450e, depending upon trim level and options.

Advanced Park is one.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Wellll, that's interesting to see! Suppose Subaru is more brave than Toyota? Or does the bZ4X happen to be here too? hmmm... wonder if there is a listing somewhere ...
I believe bz4x wasnt there but crown 馃槉 Toyotas new toy.

What I noticed, it was written "Prototype Car"! But it is not.

Registered
I believe user BZ4X was commenting that the Crown he saw was labelled a 鈥淧rototype Car鈥, and yes, my comment about the lack of an EPA filing was about the Crown. The bZ4X and Solterra have both an EPA and a CARB filing in the US. The Crown and RZ 450e do not yet have one, thus, if one is temporarily imported, like for a show, and is not certified to be EPA or CARB compliant it can only be imported for display purposes, racing, testing, etc. Both of those vehicles probably haven鈥榯 been certified to meet FMVSS, either. Vehicles temporarily imported must be exported before the permit expires or destroyed under US Customs supervision.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I believe user BZ4X was commenting that the Crown he saw was labelled a 鈥淧rototype Car鈥, and yes, my comment about the lack of an EPA filing was about the Crown. The bZ4X and Solterra have both an EPA and a CARB filing in the US. The Crown and RZ 450e do not yet have one, thus, if one is temporarily imported, like for a show, and is not certified to be EPA or CARB compliant it can only be imported for display purposes, racing, testing, etc. Both of those vehicles probably haven鈥榯 been certified to meet FMVSS, either. Vehicles temporarily imported must be exported before the permit expires or destroyed under US Customs supervision.
Thank you for detailed explanation. Because Solterra was labelled as Prototype Car in the video.

Registered
Ah, I hadn鈥榯 watched the video, but was just responding to BZ4X鈥檚 writings.

Many times they will also label a car as a Prototype because it doesn鈥檛 necessarily have the final feature configuration for the market it is being displayed in.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
21 - 31 of 31 Posts